Yungdrung Bon Monastic Centre Society
Yungdrung Bon Monastic Centre Society is the apex body which is presently registered as a society under the Himachal Pradesh Societies Registration Act 2006. The Yungdrung Bon Monastic Centre Society is maintained solely by voluntary donations and by offerings made for the performance of religious ceremonies.
The aims and objectives of Yungdrung Bon Monastic Centre Society
The basic aim and objective of the society is to promote and assist in the upliftment of the poor, needy, backward, underprivileged people.
- To preserve the spiritual heritage of the Bon religion and the culture as well as Tibetan tradition.
- To maintain the rich culture of Menri Monastery, the head Bon Monastery.
- To operate as the administrative and financial center for all the braches of Menri Monastery and all the projects that YBMCS undertake.
- To take responsibility for the welfare and education of children, monks, nuns and lay people.
- Bon Dialectic School
The 15 –year education program of the monks concludes with the Geshe examinations and the final award of Geshe’s Degree. More…
- Bon Children Welfare Centre
In 1970s, His Holiness the 33rd Menri Trizin founded the Bon Children Welfare Center for the young monks attending the school at then run by Indian Government and now run by Central Tibetan Administration. More…
- Redna Menling Nunnery
The construction of the Redna Menling Nunnery started in 2002 on the opposite side of the valley of Dolanji. It is the only Bonpo nunnery outside Tibet. It houses about 80 nuns (about 15 senior nuns studying the 15 year academic program of Geshe degree and more than 60 young girls attending the school and also training the life of an ordained nun. More…
- MEDICAL COLLEGE OF THE SORIG BUMZHI MENRI LING (MCSBM)
The Menri Ling Sorig Bhum-bzhi Medical College (MSBMC) was founded on 14th May 2014 and it is located at Dolanji Village near Solan, Himachal Pradesh. More…
- The Tibetan Yungdrung Bon Library
The Tibetan Yungdrung Bon Library was inaugurated by His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama on the 21st April 2007. The Tibetan Yungdrung Bon Library is the culmination of His Holiness the 33rd Menri Trizin’s vision for a religious study center at Menri Monastery. More…
- Bon Health Care Center
Health is a basic and elementary need for the general welfare and development of any community, thus recognizing the importance of good health of the people of Dholanji, His Holiness the 33rd Menri Trizin established Bon Health Care Center to provide health care services to the people in Dholanji. More…